Tots Units Fem Força
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Eighteen

Go down

Chapter Eighteen Empty Chapter Eighteen

Post by Admin Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:18 pm

~Leo~

He knew he shouldn’t have gone there, which he had done anyway. He sat at the back of the restaurant, picking at his plate of paella dejectedly.

A large form cast a shadow over the table, surprising him. He looked up, and found Geri looming over him. Seconds later, the large defender sat down across the table from him. “What’s that look for? You look like you want the ground to swallow you whole.” He signed, trying to figure out whether or not to tell Geri, and what to tell him with either choice.

But words failed him.

Instead he continued shoving around the rice on his plate idly, unsure of what he was even doing anymore. He felt confused, and even more than that, rejected.

Of course Aina wouldn’t be attracted to him. She could have handsome men like Cesc Fàbregas, or perhaps other handsome Spaniards. He knew how many men were attracted to her. One just had to Google her name to see evidence of it. She was just as pretty as her brother was handsome. Many people also raved about Olivia being perfect for Gerard, and with that he agreed.

They were one of the cutest couples he’d ever seen, as they both had the same youthful humor, and found enjoyment in the simple things.

But Aina was admired for different reason. For one, she loved fashion, as was a role model for many girls in that manner. But because she was working for his foundation, many people had learned what a great person she was too.

He was well aware of how she was perceived, as well as he was.
He was the young footballer with big ears and an even bigger nose. He had little taste in fashion, and often just wore sports apparel. They were not a match by any means. The break up with Cesc had gone over surprisingly well, as many had accepted that they wanted to remain friends. Cesc was seen with the other woman several weeks later, seemingly happy, and all was good in the world, though some fans wanted them to get back together.
So he saw little chance with her at all, and he doubted anyone would even approve.

Geri was still looking at him expectantly, his large eyes trained on his face. “Well, are you going to tell me?” he questioned. He sighed, looking down at his plate.

“Geri, move your large self,” a tired voice said. Both males looked up, and found Aina looking wearily down at her brother. She was covered in dirt, and there were several tears on her clothing.

Gerard immediately made room for her in the booth. “What happened?” he asked, frowning at her state of appearance. She sighed, and leaned against him, “I went for a walk and got attacked.”

Leo was appalled by her listless manner. “Are you alright?” her brother demanded. She nodded, “Oh, I’m fine. The stupid cat just wouldn’t stop.” The two males stopped, and then laughed. “A cat?” her brother teased. She scowled, and jabbed her elbow into his side.

“Hey, be nice,” he whined. She stuck her tongue out at him in her usual manner, disregarding how childish the act was, her argument always being that she was dealing with a child.

Her gaze then fell on him, and he felt himself freeze. “Oh, Geri. There is something I want to talk to you about,” she threw out, regaining the attention of her brother, who was rubbing his ribcage whilst sulking.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Well remember how you got all huffy and overprotective when I told you I was dating Cesc?” she asked, arching a brow. He nodded. “Please don’t tell me you’re doing that again?” he asked. Leo felt his blood run cold. She wouldn’t share that news, especially right in front of him after he all but gave her a complete confession of his feelings. “No, Cesc is happily dating Daniela, I believe her name is. No, it’s someone else,” she said, rolling her eyes. He took a deep breath, “Alright…who?”

She smiled up at her brother sweetly, “Leo.” He wasn’t sure if it was appropriate or not to smile, but he did nonetheless.

~Olivia~

Gerard sighed into her shoulder as he shifted. She reached down, running her fingers through his hair. “Leo is going to treat her fine,” she said softly.

He groaned, “I know, but I’m not stupid. Breaking up with Cesc had some effect on her. The issue is…she isn’t in a different country. She sees him weekly, if not daily, either because we’re teammates, or because of his foundation. When she gets hurt, where is she going to go? Will she hide away from him, or maybe she’ll move away. What if she disappears from my life?” he asked.

Olivia pressed a gentle kiss to his brow, “You speak as though they are doomed to break up. Don’t speak of it as if it is inevitable.” He frowned, “Isn’t it, though?”

“You told me you expected Aina to marry, have kids – that is just as likely to be with Leo as it is any other man. You can’t just compare her relationship with Cesc to every other one she has. Besides, you more than anyone know the differences between Cesc and Leo. You know they are different men.”

He leaned over, and kissed her bare shoulder that was revealed by the camisole she was wearing.

“How can you be so perfect?” he questioned, his eyes rising to meet her own. She blushed, “I’m not perfect.” He pushed himself up onto his elbows. “I think you are.” She shook her head stubbornly.

“I think that your smile is perfect. Your laugh is perfect. Your cooking is beyond perfect. Your empathy is perfect. Your compassion is perfect.” He pressed his lips to her shoulder. “Your skin is perfect.” He pressed a kiss to her head. “Your hair is perfect.” He pressed a kiss to her lips. “Your lips are perfect.” His finger traced them as she watched him silently. “See?” he questioned, “You are perfect. Whether in person, or personality.”
Their lips molded together once more. It was perfection.

~Aina~

She was honestly surprised at how well Geri had taken it all. She hadn’t meant to spring it so suddenly on Leo, but they had been sitting at a table together, so she decided to get it out before she chickened out. Olivia had been right. She couldn’t act like Leo and Cesc were the same person, for they most obviously weren’t.
She looked over at the man who was sitting several feet away from her at the table in her apartment, sipping water as he read over her newest financial summary of sponsor donations.

“This is great,” he said at last, smiling up at her.

She grinned, “Yeah, two new sponsors. I thought this was a good
month where there was interest show, but they decided to commit. I think it’s because you scored that hat trick, personally,” she teased. He chuckled, and leaned over, handing the paperwork back. He drained his glass, and took it to the sink.

The press had eventually caught on, and publicized their relationship. But both were accustomed to the press, and thought nothing of it. They were both just happy to be together and happy.

“So now what?” Leo asked, holding out his hand. She allowed him to pull her up from the seated position, and onto her own feet. “I don’t know…what do you want to do?” she asked, smiling vaguely at him. He shrugged, “I don’t know.” She chewed on her lip, then smiled. “I have an idea!” she grinned, grabbing his hand, and pulling him toward the door. He followed her, curious as to where they were going. The sky had grown dark out, and the street lights were flickering on as she pulled him along. She finally showed him where they were, the Fountain de Cataluñya. He smiled as she sat down on a nearby bench, looking at the impressive display. He sat beside her, and within a minute she was leaning comfortably on him. He smiled, wrapping an arm around her thin frame.

“Aina?” he asked softly. “Hm?” she questioned. “Thank you for giving me a chance. I know it wasn’t easy after everything, and I’m not the most attractive guy…”

She reached up, placing a finger on his lips. “Don’t start that, Leo. I think you are incredibly handsome.” She affirmed her words by kissing him sweetly, her fingers running through his messy hair.

He hummed in content, still in awe that it was happening. He had never thought such an even to be possible. But it was, and he didn’t want a moment to go to waste.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://barca.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down